Reopening of ECC - PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
on June 5th, 2020
There are more opinions about PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) than there are about the end times!! Here is what ECC has decided on as we move forward in our reopening process.
Reopening of ECC - Offering
on June 4th, 2020
Like communion, we previously passed offering plates that involved many hands making contact with the same surfaces. As mentioned before, these practices cannot happen if we hope to maintain a safe and clean worship environment. Read more about what to expect regarding offering at ECC. Online giving will be strongly encouraged, but you still can bring your envelopes and gifts on Sundays and submit them in person.
Reopening of ECC - Communion
on June 3rd, 2020
Communion is an essential aspect of the weekly worship experience at Englewood Christian Church. We share in this celebratory occasion to remember the sacrifice of our Savior that provided our restoration with God.
Reopening of ECC - Digital
on June 2nd, 2020
6. Digital I think everyone has had to stretch their minds a bit during these recent times and dip their toes into the digital world. Do you remember how little you knew about these things when all of this began? You’ve come so far! As we resume meeting together in person, there are several “digital” formats that will continue on for the month of June.
Core 52 Chapter 39 - Baptism
on June 2nd, 2020
Just a few weeks ago, I was able to witness a young girl commit her life to Christ and be baptized. It was an amazing sight that I will never grow weary of seeing, leading, participating in or simply watching from the audience. For a child or student, that moment is usually the culmination of many years of prayers, conversations, discussions, teachings and more between parents and their children. ...
Reopening of ECC - Fellowship
on June 1st, 2020
5. Fellowship One of the most cherished and anticipated moments each week at our worship gatherings is our Friendship time. Our church family just loves to greet each other handshakes, hugs and warm greetings all in the name of Christ and with the purpose of encouraging each other in love! Unfortunately, during this first phase of reopening for our campus and the return to LIVE worship services together, we will not be able to engage in any of those warm fellowship activities that involve any contact with each other.
Reopening of ECC - Seating
on May 31st, 2020
4. Seating In order to create the safest and “cleanest” environment possible, we will block off seating in our worship center to create an “every-other-row” seating arrangement. This will allow us to provide seats for everyone that have not previously been used on that same day.
Reopening of ECC - Programming
on May 30th, 2020
3. Programming During the month of June, the only on campus activity will be the Sunday morning worship services. This means there will be no additional programming for any age including Sunday School, Wednesday PM Bible studies and meal, CWF or Master’s Men meetings, LIFE groups, etc.
Reopening of ECC - Children's Programming
on May 29th, 2020
2. Children’s Programming As most of you know, ECC will be reopening and resuming LIVE worship services on Sunday, June 9. When we do resume, there will ONLY be a worship service. At this time, we will not offer any children’s programming or child care. This includes our nursery, preschool classes, and all children’s programming.
Reopening of ECC - Top Ten List
on May 29th, 2020
Reopening: What to Expect During the Month of JuneOn June 7, Englewood Christian Church will reopen its doors to resume LIVE Sunday worship services. With all we have been through, there are some necessary and expected changes you will encounter upon your return. Here is a brief synopsis of what to expect. Be sure to check the blog each afternoon between now and June 7th for a more detailed explan...
Reopening of ECC - Service Times
on May 28th, 2020
1. Service Times When we return to large group gatherings for worship on Sunday, June 7, there will be TWO services (exactly alike in content) for you to choose from. Those services will begin at 9:00am and 10:45am. Our goal is to provide different places for gathering for our different generations so we can provide a safe place for all to gather.
Core 52 Chapter 38 - The Ascension
on May 27th, 2020
In 1995, Heather and I were blessed with the opportunity to visit the Holy Land. We attended with a group of students from Florida Christian College (now JUFL) and several other people from churches around the state. Ironically, Fred Smith was one of those who attended, and the trip was led by his younger brother, James Smith – known by most of us from the college as “Doc Smith.” (Needless to sa...
Jesus is the LightHow Much Longer Lord?He SpokeBe ThankfulWhat Does Hope Look Like: The RainbowWhat does hope look like: A RamCORE 52 Chapter 31 The Greatest CommandWhat Does Hope Look Like: A Cloud and FireWhat Does Hope Look Like: A LambWhat Does Hope Look Like: The CrossHope LostYou can trust him!Core 52 - Chapter 32 - The Incarnation - John 1:14All The ThingsWashing FeetWho Named You?Core 52 Chapter 33 - Love - John 3:16Lord, take my desiresTransformationYou are Safe!You are Clean!Core 52 - Chapter 34 - WorshipChoose Joy!
Core 52 Chapter 35 - CommunionFirst Things FirstCore 52 Chapter 36 - Eternal SecurityHelp!!!Faith of A Mustard SeedTrading Fear for FreedomCore 52 Chapter 37 - Holy SpiritCore 52 Chapter 38 - The AscensionReopening of ECC - Service TimesReopening of ECC - Top Ten ListReopening of ECC - Children's ProgrammingReopening of ECC - ProgrammingReopening of ECC - Seating